BOFA’s DustPRO 400 extraction unit has been developed for the safe and effective removal of small particulate matter such as abrasive dusts and stone dust. The DP400 produces 400 m3/hr of airflow at a pressure of 96 mbar in a compact unit – allowing it to capture dust very effectively. It also includes digital flow control, as well as a 99.997% HEPA filter down to 0.3 microns. The large capacity bag filter has a very high capacity for fine dust and can easily be emptied and re-used.
This unit is compact, quiet (not silent) running, and most importantly it is brushless. Most extraction units have brushed motors, which are noisy and burn out quickly. The average life of brushes is around 800 hours. The pumps used in the DustPRO range are brushless and are designed for continuous use with a minimum 30,000 hours of use before servicing.
12.5A running, 16Amp On/Off trip. Please make sure that this extractor is not run on an extension cord. UK Plug.
- Reusable Bag Filter Bag (6.4l large capacity)
- High Performance
- Simple Operation
- Low Running Costs
- HEPA Filtration
- Replaceable filters
- 90-257v Variable voltage for global use
- Quiet operation (66dBA) - please note this is not silent, but it's not offensively loud.
- 600 x 290 x 270mm
We may be able to ship this product internationally, but please contact us for a custom quote before ordering.
At ZOIC PalaeoTech, we do our best to find the most suitable products and assemble the most suitable kits for fossil preparation. The BOFA DP400 is the most suitable option for those of you who need something quiet running that does not vent outdoors. There are very few products on the market that are capable of extracting abrasive powders quietly without venting outdoors. The brushless, continuously rated motor allows you to work for long periods of time, and due to the design it is able to cope with even aluminium oxide.
Available as a variety of kits depending on your needs:
1. Unit only with 1x 75mm outlet. You will need to source your own hosing if you choose this option. Remember to keep hosing lengths as short as you can to maximise power.
2. Unit + Flexible Arm. This configuration will provide you with the unit and a positionable arm with small captor hood. The arm can be manipulated into the shape required and is self supporting.
3. Unit + 50mm hosing + Cyclone. In this kit we provide 50mm hosing and a dust cyclone (with bucket). There is also a spigot to allow you to mount the hosing to the outside of your blast cabinet. A cyclone helps remove the dust from the air, before it enters the extractor, helping you save on bags/filter changes. It is also beneficial if you recycle your powders as it collects them in the bucket. A set up with a cyclone will save you a lot of money in fossil preparation. We recommend cutting the hoses as short as feasibly possible once you have set your unit up.
4. Unit + 50mm hosing + Cyclone + Flexible Arm. In this kit we provide 50mm hosing and a dust cyclone (with bucket) and flexible, positionable arm with captor hood. This kit also comes with two spigots to mount the flexible arm and the 50mm hose to your blast cabinet. A cyclone helps remove the dust from the air, before it enters the extractor, helping you save on bags/filter changes. It is also beneficial if you recycle your powders as it collects them in the bucket. A set up with a cyclone will save you a lot of money in fossil preparation. We find this set up very flexible. You can take the 50mm hose off the dust extractor and put the flexible arm on should you need to. We recommend cutting the hoses as short as feasibly possible once you have set your unit up.